Our Mission Statement
To offer a guarantee to customers that all art purchased has been acquired ethically. Our Code of Conduct focuses on exercising respect and ethical fair trade values, when purchasing art from Indigenous artists.
Our Basic Principles
- Respect: We treat each person in a respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Empowerment: We empower others to be the best they can be by treating them courteously and promote their dignity
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Our Rules of Conduct
- We conduct ourselves at all times with honesty, integrity and transparency
- Treat others, with respect, dignity, fairness and courtesy
- Never act in a discriminatory, harassing or forceful way towards others
- Conduct all business activities in a responsible manner, consistent with ethical obligations
Our Guarantee to you…..
- At time of sale our artwork is owned by Readback Aboriginal Art Gallery.
- All art has been paid for in advance by way of cash and no trade to the value of; in any other form, other than cash.
- Artists freely visit our gallery located in Darwin CBD to sell their art, we do not visit communities to source artwork.
- We ensure all artists understand our terms and conditions of sale and our financial dealings with them are transparent.
- Commissions are at the discretion of the artist. No time constraints are imposed on commission-able work. The artists must feel free to express their talent as and when they feel inspired or when home life allows.
We are proud to be operating under The Indigenous Art Code
The code exists to establish a high standard of dealing and co-operation between the dealers and artists. This ensures that the trade of products, is traded in a fair and ethical manner.
The Indigenous Art Code ensures that our processes are transparent, particularly when promoting and selling artworks by our artists.